Wednesday 28 February 2018

I was assaulted by a director. Now I'm giving up sex | Sarah Doyle

My assault is not the worst thing that has happened to me but it has made me confront my understanding of desire

#MeToo has kicked up the dust of some collective sexual pain. Sexuality itself is at battle. The French backlash against the semantically sinister #BalanceTonPorc (Call out your pig) fears a wave of puritanism, which has sparked some nods and some outrage. The movement continues its nuanced conversation.

I was assaulted by a Hollywood director and, in the wake of Weinstein, I have put in an incident report with LAPD. NYPD and Beverly Hills PD have since opened up an investigation against my abuser. Since reporting the assault, I have become part of a group of women who banded together on Twitter. We have met several times on either conference calls or meet-ups in LA streamed to others in other parts of the country, to further our mission for a safer society for women.

Continue reading...

from US news | The Guardian http://ift.tt/2GLF8Gt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you?

Warren Buffett Is Doing This for the 1st Time in 20 Years. Should Investors Be Worried?

from Yahoo News - Latest News & Headlines https://ift.tt/2EgeoUl